Professional Slab Foundation Repair & Steel Piering In OKC
Structural engineers commonly recommend the use of steel piers for conventional or slab foundations. Hydraulically-driven steel piers reach deeply into the Oklahoma soil to stabilize the home. Learn more about our thorough assessment and treatment processes of slab foundations, one of the more common types of house structures in Oklahoma.
With a co-owner with over 35 years of experience and a professional crew who provide award-winning service, Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC has the care and precision customers across the state trust with their homes’ slab foundations.
Whether it is in Oklahoma City, Yukon, Norman, Guthrie, Moore, or anywhere in between, many homes in Oklahoma have a concrete slab foundation. Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC provides the highest quality processes and services that address both interior and exterior foundation-related issues regarding concrete slab foundations.
Signs Of Foundation Damage
Repairing foundation damage is critical, but how do you know if your foundation needs help? Here are some of the most common signs of foundation problems:
- Cracked sheetrock
- Uneven floors
- Cracked floors
- Misaligned windows and doors
- Displaced moldings
- Wall rotation
- Separation around windows, doors, walls, or garage door.
- Cracked or visibly broken foundation
- Cracked bricks
- Cracks in mortar
If you think your home or building may have signs of foundation damage, contact Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC to schedule a free evaluation.
“We had a great experience with Oklahoma Foundation Solutions. We were selling our house and got the dreaded ‘you need piers’ inspection. Charles from OFS came out the same day we called to schedule a free estimate and explained in simple terms what we needed. Not pushy and not condescending like a few others that we called during this process. When it came to scheduling, we worked with Noah, who really accommodated our tight schedule to get the work done before we had some personal events occur that would have made the work more challenging all-around. If you have to get piers, which in Oklahoma it’s probably a matter of time, then we recommend these guys.”
– Daniel R., Google Business Review
What Causes Foundation Issues In OKC?
Differential settlement of a home’s foundation is often a result of the expansion and contraction of Oklahoma’s expansive clay soil. The soil expands when it receives moisture (i.e., rainfall), and it contracts when it experiences moisture loss (i.e. extreme heat with little rainfall). This can cause structural imbalances and visible signs of foundation-related issues.
Quality Concrete Slab Repair Services
At the on site evaluation, Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC will provide you with a detailed, customized quote for the service that is required. We will carefully assess the issue and determine the best repair method for your home or building to ensure the foundation will be structurally sound. No matter what type of structural problem your home or building may experience, our repair experts will effectively address it so that you can count on the integrity of your structure.
- For cracked floors in need of interior concrete slab crack repair, our engineer-approved and steel-reinforced floor stitching can tie a cracked slab back together to ensure structural stability.
- Look no further than Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC, for the best brick, wood, and concrete repair services in Oklahoma. As an Oklahoma-owned and operated company, we are proud to serve the entire state of Oklahoma to treat the various effects of an unstable foundation.
- For many homes, ultimately, steel piers are needed for slab foundations. For the best hydraulically driven steel pier service in the city or countryside of the entire state of Oklahoma, trust the experts at Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC.
How Does Pier and Beam Foundation Leveling Work?
At OFS, the engineer-approved process we utilize for installing pier and beam systems in crawl spaces consists of approximately 6x6x10 treated beams. Each treated beam is supported by three concrete block supports or by three steel screw jacks that are placed on approximately 18x18x8 steel reinforced poured concrete bases. In some instances, the concrete block supports or the steel screw jacks are placed on precast concrete bases. Since each house is unique and moves differently, we can’t guarantee maximum elevation recovery or leveling. However, the OFS pier and beam foundation leveling systems provide lasting structural support and stability.
Hydraulically Driven Steel Piers
The structural integrity of the foundation is absolutely essential for the entire building. Over time, or due to the extreme Oklahoma weather, the foundation can settle and sink, causing disastrous structural problems. One of the best ways to ensure the stability of your building is by stabilizing your foundation with hydraulically driven steel piers. As a result of Oklahoma’s unique clay and soil, most, if not all, structural engineers recommend the use of hydraulically-driven steel piers to stabilize exterior walls of a foundation. Our team at Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC provides exemplary hydraulically driven steel piers services for commercial and residential buildings. These services are backed by the oversight of an owner with over three decades of experience in foundation repair. The hydraulically driven steel piers are backed with a Lifetime Transferable Warranty.
Hydraulically driven steel piers can stabilize a foundation and protect against future movement and settlement. During the on-site evaluation, our team of experts will assess the structure to determine the number of hydraulically-driven steel piers needed, if any, to ensure the building is structurally sound. Then, the customer is provided with a comprehensive analysis of the structural issues the building is experiencing and is also provided with a detailed explanation of the service that will be provided. A formal quote is emailed to the customer shortly thereafter.
Steel Pier vs. Concrete Pier: Which Is The Better Option For Foundation Repair?
True Story: During a recent evaluation at a home in northwest OKC, the customer informed us that work had been performed by a different foundation repair company in the past. The areas where the previous work was performed were showing signs of failure, and the customer chose us to fix the issues once and for all. While in the process of stabilizing an exterior wall with hydraulically driven steel piers, we quickly discovered that concrete piers had been installed by the previous company.
Following are three reasons why concrete piers fail and can leave the homeowner back at “square one”:
- Susceptibility to Shifting: Concrete piers are prone to shifting due to soil movement and settling, potentially leading to future structural problems.
- Limited Load-Bearing Capacity: Compared to steel, concrete piers may have limitations in their load-bearing capacity, which could impact their long-term effectiveness.
- Potential Cracking: Over time, concrete piers might develop cracks, compromising their stability and ability to support your home.
Following are three reasons why homeowners in Oklahoma City choose hydraulically-driven steel piers:
Steel Piers: Unparalleled Strength and Durability
- Strength That Lasts: Steel piers are known for their exceptional load-bearing capacity. They provide unwavering support, effectively combating settling and shifting.
- Durability: Steel piers are built to withstand the test of time, keeping your foundation stable for years to come.
- Precision Installation: Steel piers are hydraulically driven deep into the soil until they reach a stable stratum. This precision ensures reliable support for your home, preventing future foundation issues.
At OFS, we have provided countless homeowners across the state with peace of mind by stabilizing their homes with hydraulically driven steel piers. Backed by a lifetime transferable warranty, customers can rest assured that our hydraulically driven steel piers will take care of the issue once and for all.
Advantages of Choosing Oklahoma Foundation Solutions, LLC
- Experienced – OFS’s Chief Technician has repaired homes and structures with slab foundations for over 35 years with increased specialization
- Credible – Accredited and A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau and approved by Home Advisor; Insured
- Highly Rated – Perfect, 5-star rating and review average on Facebook, Google, Angie’s List, and Yelp
- Effective – Efficient processes, precise bids, and no upselling ensure the best pricing and results; structurally and cosmetically sound
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The average foundation repair cost with OFS, LLC in 2023 is $5,760. Please note that the exact cost may be higher or lower, depending on the number of piers required, labor, and material costs, etc.
Steel piers are often a crucial component of foundation repair, especially in cases where the foundation has experienced significant settlement, shifting, or structural damage. They are designed to provide stability and support to the foundation by reaching load-bearing strata beneath the surface.
The necessity of steel piers depends on the specific condition of your foundation. Our team conducts thorough inspections and assessments to determine the most appropriate and effective repair methods.
The choice of repair method is tailored to your foundation’s unique needs. Rest assured, we prioritize long-lasting solutions to ensure the safety and stability of your home. Our experts will guide you through the process, providing the most suitable foundation repair for your situation.
Oklahoma Foundation Solutions is your best choice for steel pier foundation repair in OKC. Led by a chief technician with over 30 years of foundation repair experience, OFS provides premium quality hydraulically-driven steel piers that are backed by a lifetime transferable warranty. With our skilled technicians and their effective repair processes, you can count on us to restore your foundation.
One of the most common issues that can cause damage in a crawl space occurs when the span between the center beam or center stem wall, and the exterior stem wall is too great, and there is either no support or inadequate support between the span. Over time, the floor joists and framing can warp, which can be a cause of sloped or spongy floors.
The most common service OFS provides to address this issue is the installation of a pier and beam system between the center beam or center stem wall and the exterior stem wall. The pier and beam system our company uses is an engineered approved process that consists of 6x6x10 treated beams. Each treated beam is supported by three concrete block supports or by three steel screw jacks that are placed on approximately 18x18x8 steel reinforced poured concrete bases. In some instances, the concrete block supports or the steel screw jacks are placed on precast concrete bases.
The average house leveling cost with OFS, LLC in 2023 is $5,760. However, this cost depends on the size of the home, the extent of damage, and what type of repair/service the house needs. For exact prices, contact Oklahoma Foundation Solutions and schedule a free evaluation.
At OFS, our free evaluations and evaluation reports (when applicable) provide homeowners with insight and value about the foundation-related issues their home is experiencing. We also explain which foundation repair service(s) is the best fit to address these issues. Contact us today to schedule a free evaluation.
The average foundation leveling cost with OFS, LLC in 2023 is $5,760. However, this cost depends on the size of the home, the extent of damage, and what type of repair/service the house needs. For exact prices, contact OFS today to schedule a free evaluation.
Potential buyers hire home inspectors to inspect the property prior to closing. If a home inspection notes foundation damage or issues, then the buyer and/or lender often requires the issues to be addressed prior to closing. Also, it is not uncommon for potential buyers to back out of the deal if it is revealed the foundation issues exist and have not been repaired. Following are four reasons why sellers fix their foundation issues before listing:
- Preserve Home Value: Foundation issues can reduce the value of your home between 10% to 20%.
- Eliminate Cosmetic Damage: Foundation issues can cause damage to ceilings, walls, and floors. This can result in potential buyers feeling uneasy about the structural integrity of the home. Also, repairing cosmetic damage without addressing the foundation issues is often an exercise in futility as the visible signs of damage usually reappear (often within a short period).
- Easier to Sell: Homes with foundation issues are much more difficult to sell and stay on the market much longer.
- Peace of Mind: Addressing a home’s foundation issues allows sellers to have the peace of mind that the new homeowners will not be left with a headache